From Gowanus to Greenpoint, Brooklyn's pie game is pretty tight. For Pi Day 3.14 we’re celebrating some very important “Pie-oneers”. Yes - those that make, bake and eat pie across this great borough of ours. Here are our Top 10 suggestions for stuffing your piehole on this magical day.
1. Gowanus pie mecca Four and Twenty Blackbirds is selling 3 slices of pie for $14 all day, so bring couple of friends and dig in. If you're lucky you'll meet the dynamic duo who own the place: sisters Melissa & Emily Elsen.
2. Greenpoint's Pie Corps is offering 3 slices of their famed sweet or savory pies for $14. Git Some!
3. Pedals & Pi Head to Artists & Fleas in Williamsburg for a hipster trifecta: Pie. Bikes. Flea Markets.
4. It's worth the trek to Bay Ridge's Robicelli’s Bakery for $3.14 slices of S.Mores Pie, Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie, Bourbon Caramel Apple Pie, and more served by native Brooklynites Allison & Matt Robicelli.
5. Red Hook, Represent! Baked will be hopping as locals and tourists alike queue up for their decadent Mississippi Mud Pie.
6. Check out Butter and Scotch, the new Crown Heights Cupcake & Cocktail Bar from dessert masterminds Keavy Blueher and Allison Kave (a.k.a. Drunk Bakers). Sample their S'mores, Bourbon Ginger Pecan, or Negroni pies or grab a slice from their Toasted Coconut Cream-Pineapple Pie Stack.
7. Williamsburg's homey diner Pies n Thighs is the ultimate spot for Pi Day brunch. We'll have the Pie. With a side of Fried Chicken.
8. Go the DIY route and bake your own pie with a recipe from Melissa & Emily Elsen's Four and Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book.
9. Allison Kave's entertaining tome First Prize Pies will have you baking Shoo-Fly pie like a champ in no time.
10. Momofuku Milk Bar is world famous for their Crack Pie, a totally wacked out creation from mastermind Christina Tosi. Try your hand at making one from scratch or just stop into the original Brooklyn Milk Bar in Williamsburg.